View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 08:50 AM   #19
Jerry U

Drives: C7, Z51, Manual Trans, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
mine doesnt work.. never asked dealer.. at like 5,500 miles now

For what it’s worth, all cars appear to be different in regard to what it takes to close the hatch.
I’ve had my C7 since October and still must have a door open to have it close. Then it closes with very little force using the GM handhold. No matter how hard I try without the door open it does not latch. Tried from various heights and force.
I’ve checked the “memory wire” controlled vent and it’s working fine. You can see it with the license plate off thru the large hole behind the plate. Use a flashlight, look into the hole and press the trunk opening button above the plate.
Initially I tried to press with my hand but stopped when I saw the hatch bend! Recently someone with museum delivery reported they were told NOT to press in the center as some have reported paint cracking. From what I recall with the bending I saw, can understand that could a problem with some cars. They recommend using two hands on the raised areas on the edge of the window!
I’ve also tried adjusting the hatch stops. Even went as far as having the hatch misaligned-no help.
My solution remains keeping a door open. Not as bad as it sounds since I usually am only getting into the hatch when I either have opened the door to get out or am going to open the door to get in. Just plan your moves and do it the correct sequence!
Jerry U is offline   Reply With Quote