View Single Post
Old 06-09-2023, 09:09 PM   #1
ICY SS

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE M6
My 2SS 1LE story

New member, long story if you're willing to listen (sorry for the pictures, any help would be appreciated). I turned 70 in March of 2022 and fall of 2021 started thinking about a 2012/2013 Boss 302 for a b'day present to myself. In the 70's I had a 1974 Camaro Z28, and late 70's became the 3rd owner of a 69 Boss 302 (what a beast). A few years down the road sold it to buy some property. When I turned 70 knew I couldn't afford a 69 or 70 Boss, so the decision to look at 2012/2013s. Looked at several, drove a couple and balked at the used car prices at the time.

In January 2022 our 24, almost 25 year old son died in an auto accident (hope no one has to go through losing a child). Nate had urged me to pursue the Boss 302 and after his death was very motivated. Fast forward to spring of 2022, started thinking of a Camaro and wanted to have it for his Celebration of Life in June 2022 since there was also a car and truck show in his honor. BTW, long time Chevy guy as wife's brother works for GM and we get employee discount. Started lurking on the forum, biggest concern was visibility which I found was not a concern, Thanks everyone for that. Drove a 2019 SS just to check out the visibility and not a problem

Started calling dealers that took employee discount and GM financing within 500 miles of Central Ohio. Found a riverside blue SS 1LE at Jim Trenary outside St. Louis that worked with me, very good dealer, but car didn't come in time for Celebration of Life. Got out of deal and found car pictured southeast of Cleveland, about an hour and a half from home. Worked out deal and picked up July 22, 2022. What a beautiful car, still not a 69 Boss 302, but in many ways so much better.

I'll finish up but have to mention the license plate. Nate did 2 custom show cars, a Scion FRS and then a Nissan 370Z and his license plates were ICY FRS and ICY 370Z. I'll attach pictures later. So I had to have an ICY license plate. He would be proud! Thanks for listening and you're all part of getting me this beautiful machine.
Attached Images

Last edited by ICY SS; 06-13-2023 at 07:13 PM.
ICY SS is offline   Reply With Quote