Thread: Black Wheels?
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 11:10 AM   #62
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stcorvette View Post
Could some of you that ordered black wheels please tell me why you did so?

I realize it's just a personal preference, but it seems to be very popular. I personally don't get it. Maybe it's an age thing? I'm 66 and ordered chrome, but my 30 year old son thinks the blacked out wheels look "gangsta". I'm too old to be that trendy.

I know we all love this car for its performance capabilities so black wheels or chrome for that matter don't help, so it must just be for the "look". I haven't looked at a lot of performance cars, i.e., Porsche, Mercedes, Bugatti, etc. so can someone that owns them tell me if they got black wheels on them?

Maybe some of you guys, or girls, can chime in and shed some light on this issue as to why you got them and what age bracket you're in. That would be interesting.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't want to ruffle any feathers, I'm just saying to each his own, but they aren't gonna be on my C7. Either way I know we all are going to be enjoying them.
I got black wheels on my Camaro ZL1 because it just fit the look and attitude of the car. However, after my first car show with it spending 45 minutes cleaning them, I was sorry I got them. They showed dirt, dust, and the slightest scratches.

Never again will I have black rims.

I ordered chrome for my C7 because the car has an attitude, but is still classy enough for chrome.

Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote