View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 11:15 AM   #8
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Headers:
High price (No particular order): ARH, Kooks, Stainless Works
Mid priced( No particular order): Texas Speed, Stainless Power
Budget: Speed Engineering (no cat option with the kit)

Throttle body:
Bo White ported throttle body or VMax.
AVOID BBK. They have a reputation of throttle plates sticking.

Cam:
What are your goals? NA, turbo, nitrous, positive displacement blower, centrifugal blower? Is this going to be a street car, drag strip car, road course car, any combo of the above? Do you want to keep VVT or do a LS3 conversion?

Personally my car is a street car that has the occasional fun with random people on the road. I went with a BTR stage 2 NA cam because I kept my stock converter. This would not be a best E.T. getter because I kept the stock converter and it isn’t as wild of a cam as is out there. I also ditched the VVT because it is one less thing to go wrong and VVT gives you better low end torque and most of the time I do a pull isn’t from low rpms. A LS3 cam will yield more upper end hp than a VVT cam. When I had planned to still do a LSA supercharger I was going to put a BTR PDS stage 3 cam in the car. Stage 3 instead of 4 because of better street manners. When I was going to keep the VVT I was going to get a TSP VVT2.2 cam.

I hope this helps. Check out my build thread if you want to see what all I’ve done and ask questions about anything. I’m happy to answer anything about my car you’re interested in.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote