View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 12:53 PM   #104
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Agree. And ouch unfortunately for the 3 at PBIR last Thurs night... I feel bad because they're all in the Novice group, and the track was crowded so freight train effect... and then they each had to pit in after 15-20mins (roughly 6 laps or so)... PBIR is not a long course like Sebring. I'd be pissed too...

There were 4 of us total with GT350's but I have the Track pack. I don't run in their Novice group since I run in the other group (Intermed/Advance). I took out both of the Tech pack guys with me each for a quick 10mins or so session so they can experience the course at a much faster pace... one was all new to hpde's and he still hit limp mode in 3 out of his 4 sessions.

Anyway this was during my 3rd session that night and here was one of the runs with the second guy. We had fun and since I had a passenger I was driving 8/10ths to be safe... I know the PBIR course quite well. At the end of the vid, you can hear him complain about not going out anymore since he hit limp mode in his. I Hope Ford makes it right for all the Tech/base car owners...

Great video!!! The car sounds awesome! I would love to hear that in person (I haven't yet). So what are your initial reactions to the car as a whole? How do you like the engine? How do you like the rest of the performance like handling, traction, brakes, transitions, etc... How does it compare to some of your other cars and other experiences?

But yes, I agree, it sucks for the base and Tech pack guys, but the issue now, is how well does Ford handle this. There are going to be some risks with being a first adaptor of a brand new design, but it's how the company stands behind it's customers that is most important in that situation.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote