View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 06:47 PM   #405
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
A car consistently selling over MSRP is a result of high demand. That is, in fact, a success for the manufacturer and a highly desirable vehicle. It's not a "fail" for Ford if the competition is selling for 20+% discounts, probably below cost.

Those "TVs" aren't identical if one is faster on track, faster in a drag race, has a nicer interior, and drives better on the street. You can say one second is insignificant, that just tells me you don't spend much time on the track. The 350R was clearly faster on track in that scenario. Watch the section speeds, it is consistently peaking in straights 1-3mph faster and cornering 1-2mph faster.

One can make the "driver mod" claim, but it seems like quite a reach when we're talking about Randy Pobst, particularly when he has significantly more seat time in the Z/28 than the 350R.

I'm not sure what you're referring to with shoes and socks. Are you talking about the brakes? The 350R has one-piece carbon fiber wheels with Sport Cup 2s, so it's wearing quite expensive shoes indeed.
I never once mentioned that a 1 second track lap differential was insignificant and a few of you are are missing my point completely. If you race professionally that's awesome, go get an R and get beaten by a Z. If you think otherwise, that's cool and I respect that but I'm not going to debate a 10mm hypothetical difference in tires or the length of some nano-tube intake switch because the light in the glove box is green. That and I don't have the technical speak at that level (actually, was referring to the Z's brake system). I'm simply going to lean on the proven professional circuits I've seen the two compete the last year. If you think Stevenson and others cheated or the R's simply couldn't handle the race season, good luck with that.

If you need to blow $30k+ to win an amateur track event somewhere maybe, then you simply have more cash than the rest of us. Good luck with that one also.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote