View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 05:43 PM   #404
trademaster

Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post

Yea, not quite sure what world you live in but real dollars and cost of items are important to most people that breathe air. In Ford's defense (and yours), at the manufacture level the GT350R is the clear winner on paper coming in $10k below MSRP, except its not wearing $25k in shoes and socks.

Unfortunately, the majority of us common folk are forced to pay street/market value. I would spend $35-40k in savings elsewhere and drive a Z all day long and twice on Sundays. GM proved the $75k price point for a mass produced "Camaro" was unsustainable and only time will prove if Ford can sustain it or if their dealers will start eating the same losses.

Two 100% identical televisions except for the color of the remote. You choose to pay $9,000 for the white one and I'll pay $6,000 for the green one? Sounds logical to me, but sell me the white one for $5k if it's available.
A car consistently selling over MSRP is a result of high demand. That is, in fact, a success for the manufacturer and a highly desirable vehicle. It's not a "fail" for Ford if the competition is selling for 20+% discounts, probably below cost.

Those "TVs" aren't identical if one is faster on track, faster in a drag race, has a nicer interior, and drives better on the street. You can say one second is insignificant, that just tells me you don't spend much time on the track. The 350R was clearly faster on track in that scenario. Watch the section speeds, it is consistently peaking in straights 1-3mph faster and cornering 1-2mph faster.

One can make the "driver mod" claim, but it seems like quite a reach when we're talking about Randy Pobst, particularly when he has significantly more seat time in the Z/28 than the 350R.

I'm not sure what you're referring to with shoes and socks. Are you talking about the brakes? The 350R has one-piece carbon fiber wheels with Sport Cup 2s, so it's wearing quite expensive shoes indeed.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote