View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 09:15 AM   #247
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
PS3 I am on....
Damn

Why do you continue to buy it if you know it's going to be a piece of shit. I have owned a PS1, two PS2's, and a PS3. Used them almost every day and have yet to replace a unit that was the manufacturers fault. (Of course, now that I say this, my ps3 will probably crap out on me)
First 2 I paid full price for (elites) bought the 3rd on sale. 4 and 5 came from my store. I paid $60 for the slimline 4gb and slapped in my old hard drive. I had $900 in the first 3 and that sucks:sad:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Even if my Xbox decided to die, I'd probably get another.

Playstation's just...eh. The only game I'd ever play is Gran Turismo. Xbox simply has better titles.
This...I could never get used to the controllers and the online community was meh at the time. I was a Halo nut so......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
If I had to buy something three to four times, that would literally be the end of it. I don't care how good the titles are.
I despise Microsoft for denying heating issues for the longest time. Notice they also vented the power pack. It's kind of a monopoly no one else makes them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
I wouldn't. Not for a couple years at least.
I'd send you one before I let that happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Well luckily I haven't had a problem.
Unscathed again

The key is ventilation. I've always had mine sitting horizontally on top of a shelf with nothing above it.
Absolutely. I do not place it in the cubby holes of my entertainment center.

Well right now there's a Lego Space Shuttle, three cows, a killer whale, and an Impala 9C1 sitting on it, but I digress.

Quote:
Mines sitting vertically.
I've f'd up 2 copies of cod 2 by knocking mine over. Massive rings all over and sounded like a wrench thrown in a dryer.:nono:

Quote:
Originally Posted by C7_Z51 View Post
My CD Drive won't even open if it's vertical, and it makes a buzzing sound anytime I close the drive in either position without a disc in the tray.

Weird stuff. I'm on my 3rd, first red ringed after a lightning strike, brought it back, got a gift card instead of an exchange, sold gift card bought car stuff. 2nd one a couple of years later cd drive jammed, and it was the last white one that could be bought in the old style, and now this one!
I feel you

Quote:
Is it better to sit them horizontal?
Yes for safety IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malave7567 View Post
my old xbox red-ringed a couple times, but I never had to pay to replace it... just filed with microsoft on their website, they sent me a box and a shipping label. One month later, I have a functioning xbox again with some free xbox live time. That being said, I upgraded to the new style once it came out, and I've never had any issues at all with the new ones.
I paid for second party warranty from wal-mart on my first 2. Lost one receipt (can't make a claim without it) Kept the second receipt in my wallet for a few months. 360 screwed up I removed the receipt and called the company and low and behold the ink on the portion of my claim number had rubbed off from being in my wallet.

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote