View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 02:14 PM   #11
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Why would they need to say something like that.

It's a simple answer but one that pretty much sums up the issue a lot better than folks are going to get at their local dealership. It's a fluid issue not a tune issue.
It's not an actual fluid issue. The flush is to remove whatever may have been damaged metal shavings, debris, etc. From the fluid and housings. The issue is they put insanely high slip%'s into the A8 to make it feel more comfortable but that caused low fluid line pressure to happen in regular driving scenarios. I wish i could get someone from a speed shop who has seen the issue investigated it and fixed it to chime in because I'm not a mechanic just did a ton of research and asked around to our parts development community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
We all have our moments of "shoulda' thought before I typed"...these moments are fueled by passion for the car and the community. If you didn't care, you wouldn't be so enthusiastic about it.

So, no worries.

.......but I will say I had a real colorful response for you typed out....then held the delete key for a while.
We live in the northeast we have thick skin. All them people from Massachusetts and Vermont driving around lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
So, what am I missing here?? If fluid "solved" the issue, why are we (dealers) still performing the flush procedure on 2018 vehicles? SI #16-NA-175 shows 2015-2018 , and a vin break of November 1, 2015 - EOP (end of production) 8L90 and 8L45 Automatic (RPOs M5U, M5T, M5N, M5X).
My thoughts exactly. I did hear 2018s supposedly aren't affected I'd like to see the TCM tunes side by side myself but you do work at a dealership so I'm deferring what's still being done to you.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote