View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 11:22 AM   #32
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
Is your dealer a oil expert probably not , anyways do your own research , yes oil filters are the main problem this is why AMSOIL has special filters with NANOTECHNOLOGY that are capable of extended drain usage. I have noticed my car has more power and starts much nicer now using these high tech oils. If been using AMSOIL for years now the price is probably the same or less considering you get 5 times longer miles out of one oil change vs cheap oil , and think of all the time saved too from not having to do all those oil changes , plus it's much better for your cars engine anyways ...
oooh, they almost had me until you said nanotech. I am extremely suspicious about them now. There are many products out there that claim to have nanotechnology, but its really just chemistry and/or a marketing gimick. I'm not saying the oil isn't good, or that the filter is junk. They probably both work very well. But I get very suspicious when I hear buzwords thrown in. Remember everything with 'turbo power' 15-20 years ago? Or anything with spaceage technology for the last 50 years? Nanotech is the modern equivelent. Just keep an eye out.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote