View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 02:01 PM   #6
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
For the perf brake setup. How hard are you going to be tracking this car? The 6pot fronts aren't cheap and you can get rotors/pads for the regular SS that will handle and hold up quite well -- now that we know the proper front/rear fitment on SS. I've not looked for braided lines though, so I can't comment there.

Not trying to talk you out of it, but just curious on the reason as it's only a front upgrade. Not front/rear and if you're set on a car and it's only missing the brakes, you can get that after.
I concur, if you aren't planning on tracking the car the brake upgrade is expensive and not necessary. It's expensive because you are paying for two complete sets of brakes. You can switch to a track pad when tracking and then swap back to regular pads for street driving for a fraction of the cost. There was a 6 piston upgrade on the 5th gen for about $3000 as an LPO option (dealer installed same as for the 6th Gen) but you could buy the same exact parts from the Cadillac CTS-V for half that. And on the off chance you are considering running the car in SCCA Autocross, the LPO brake upgrade will knock you out of F-Street since it isn't considered as a regular production option. (no idea if that is in the plans for you but just throwing that out there) And incase you didn't know the 1LE will come standard with the 6 piston front brakes and wider tires, but no 8 speed auto.

Regardless of what you decide I HIGHLY recommend ordering the car from the factory. This way you know that it hasn't been driven aggressively in test drives, you will get exactly what you want and no extra options, and you can tell the dealer not to wash the car and scratch the paint or prep it in the way you request. (like not installing a front license plate frame by drilling into the front bumper)