View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 08:09 PM   #1
gdgraph

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
How soon to do a few bolt-ons and tune...

So my 2016 2SS has about 800 mi on it so I'm a little half way to breaking her in. I just got my hands on an aftermarket intake that doesn't require a tune but I know I can get more out of it with one. Since the car is still brand new I was gonna hold off on putting too many mods on it and especially tuning it.

After watching videos of the Hooker Blackheart Cat-back exhaust I really want one especially after seeing how restrictive the pipes are and how big the muffler is on the stock NPP that's on my car now. I was thinking about putting on the cat-back and then getting an SCT X4 tuner from jannettyracing since they will give you a free custom tune for bolt ons if you buy the tuner through them.

Is this too much for a new car? I kinda like the idea of the factory warranty, it would be nice not to void it this early on in the game. With the SCT X4 tuner you can revert back to stock tune, and I know the aftermarket intake doesn't void the warranty, and I assume the cat back wouldn't either. Anyone know if GM would know about the tune if I reverted it back? I am guessing once you tune the car it voids the warranty. Also, how about doing the intake and cat back and not tuning it until a few years later, I know the intake is safe, is an intake and cat back safe to run without a tune?
gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote