View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 01:50 PM   #32
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by xp800 View Post
As a C7 Z51 owner, we share the same Brembo brakes...and the same awful brake dust.

I have tried two different brands of pads in an effort to quell it. I tried Carbotech 1521 and then the PowerStop Z26. Carbotech was about 50-60% better. The Z26 is 90+% better. Both the Carbotech and PowerStop have the exact same brake performance (to me) in street driving as OEM.

Best part is the Z26 is like $130 total for both axles.

After installing the Z26, I recently switched to gloss black wheels from factory silver. Even after 300 miles of city driving they still looked good. Not perfect up close with a finger swipe, but from 5 feet away you'd really need to know what perfectly clean glossy black wheels look like. They did not magically look 'flat black'. Versus OEM that looked worse than this after 20 miles, this was huge for me... And I do NOT have my wheels treated with anything. The dust that there is basically just sprays off.

Thread on it here in C7 Z51 application (but pad #s are the same for the Brembo 6th Gen SS):

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...rake-pads.html

Also the Z23 pads have been reported to have quite similar performance as Z26 and are even less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberjeff View Post
Thanks for the tip on the PowerStop Z26 pads. I ordered a set tonight and will give them a try. I saw in the thread you linked that there is even a rebate on them right now. I'm right about $100 after rebate from Jegs for front and rear. I'm looking forward to the cleaner wheels.

http://www.powerstop.com/wp-content/...tion-69146.pdf
YES!! This is exactly what I need. 120-ish for these pads? Heck I thought I'd spend well over $200 for just the pads alone. This is 100% worth it to me. Cleaning my car is easy. The wheels take much longer than going over the rest of my car (unless I'm doing a complete wash/rinsh/seal job of course). It will cut my time way down.

UberJeff...I'm going to be hounding you for your opinion of these pads at some point over the next few weeks lol.