View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 03:28 PM   #8
slickmetal

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1 A6
I have these installed. They work fine. I modified the back-plane they sit on (ALOT..) so I did not have to cut or remove the stock diffuser and retain use of the stock halos. I DO NOT use a NightOwl control method (Yet.)

Don't get me wrong these are a great set of halos, but I am glad I kept my stock diffuser usable. With these alone, you will not get a pure white halo for some reason with out a way to correct it (possibly nightowl controls?). I only received one remote, but it works with both halos...well I was even able to find a FREE android app to mimic the remote...Sadly, the remotes are the only downside to these...the RF range is very weak, even using my phone as the remote. I have the IR sensors mounted towards the top of the hood, and to turn then on and off with the remote I have to pop my hood and point the remote and/or phone right at them. Its hit or miss that the OFF button will hit them both..with this being said, you can control each halo separately! (which is an intention of the NightOwl system and controls...). Just annoying to turn on/off and control. I may be looking to hook them up to a switch.
- 2013 Black ZL1 - A6 - Lingenfelter/Cordes Stage 2.5 packages E85 - FORE Fuel System - Kooks LTHs - Magnaflow Cans - Rotofab CAI/Big Gulp/Coolant Tank - Savini 3pc Forged - Underhood Dress Up (ACC & Drake & Moroso) - Hurst Shifter Kit - Custom Audio w/ JL Audio Sub/Amp/Stealthbox - Hand Polished Brace - Oracle Ghost Sidemarkers - LEDs everywhere - 624/617 on E85 & 545/548 on 91 (Sept 2015) - 693rwhp (Dec 15)
slickmetal is offline   Reply With Quote