View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 03:03 PM   #43
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Excuses. I can just go back to 2014 Mayweather v Maidana I. Maidana at least threw over 800 punches to mayweathers 400. Mayweather just happened to land a larger percentage of his throws, which he's very good at. I didn't hear all the excuses prior to last nights fight in regards to Mayweather running around too much.

Bottom line, Mayweather fought like everyone knew he was going to. The same way he always fights. Manny is the one who was less aggressive than normal. Before he got knocked out by Marquez, Manny was dangerous because he just went after you. After getting knocked out, he has been less aggressive.

More people should be more upset at the lack of effort by Manny, than the same effort Mayweather brings to every fight.
Couldn't be more true.

I've said it from the beginning, if Manny wanted a chance at Mayweather he needs to cut that less aggressive, win by decision crap out he's been doing lately.

Marquez may be the one to blame for Manny being the way he is! lol

But in all seriousness, like you said. Mayweather fought the same defensive fight he's always fought for the past 10 years.

Last time he put on an offensive clinic was against Arturo Gatti which was just an absolute nightmare, man that fight is tough to watch!

Anyways... I don't see how people are saying they miss the good ol' days of boxing.

Uhh.. they're still here! You guys just choose to watch what the media tells you to. Watch Lucas Matthysse, Ruslan Provodnikov, Gennady "Triple G" Golovkin, Danny Garcia, Timothy Bradley, Brandon Rios, Canelo Alvarez.

There are plenty of fighters out there that I'm missing. But you guys can't sit there and say these fights aren't still happening because they are...
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote