View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 09:29 PM   #75
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylftft View Post
Get the right size turbos & you'll love it! My car is very drivable & the power is linear!
The problem with my turbos is that they were never designed to run in just turbo mode, they were designed to run with a supercharger on the car also. They have huge housings and deliver tons of boost at high rpm, they are seamless if the supercharger is on the car to spool them up...... that was the original plan, but it did not pan out. No matter what we did you just could not push 22 pounds of boost through the supercharger coolant bricks. If the housings were redesigned and wastegates and springs were set-up to run turbo only it would have a lot broader and more liner power band. But no matter what you do to a turbo it does not have the low end torque below 3000 rpm that you get with a supercharger.

Rather than completely rebuilding my turbo system I plan on rebuilding the supercharger bricks and adding huge bypass ports, this will allow the car to run exactly like a supercharged car to say 3800 rpm and then it will transition to the turbos and bypass the supercharger on the top of the powerband. At least that is the theory. I'm still several months away from this... There are still a lot of little things to work out. My car is at ADM again.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote