View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 10:15 AM   #253
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Look what I found:

GM code WA177B - green
This green automotive paint color is most commonly known as Emerald Green. The color formulation has been used between 1995 and 2000, primarily by GM. We have records of this color appearing on the following models: Chevy Truck, Oldsmobile, and Chevrolet. See the full detailed list below.

GM paint manufacturing codes come in two forms, the short 1 to 3 digit model/year code which changes frequently; and beginning in the 1960's a longer 4 digit code which starts with the letters "WA" or "WE". Sometimes called "Fisher Paint codes"; codes beginning with WA are production paints, WE are commercial or special order paints with codes typically starting with '5' (i.e. WE5xxx). Starting in 1994, GM began using a letter as the last digit for all new WA paint codes.

Variations of the exterior paint code WA177B, which may appear on body data tags include: 177B, U177B, and L177B (the prefix U for upper body, or L for lower body). Location of the GM paint code plate varies depending on the year and model of the vehicle common places are on the top or near the top of the back engine compartment shroud panel just behind the steering wheel, hinge pillar of the driver's side door, trunk or rear hatch, side of door, glove compartment, or behind the driver's seat. Check for either the short year/make/model paint code or the longer manufacturing (Fisher) paint code.

Paint code for Lime Rock Green is WA136X

Below is the GM Emerald Green on 2000 Chevy Tahoe.
Interesting bit is the fact that WA136X shows up in the paint code section of the parts catalog for 2015 Camaro. So I wonder is it different or the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote