Thread: Concealed Carry
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 12:40 AM   #33
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
Hey guys, I'll be 21 in a couple months and I'm going to be getting a CCW. Wondering about options on where and how to holster the gun with easy access from the driver seat, obviously. Also, this would *not* be the one carried on my person, it would be an entirely separate one strictly for my car. I know some of y'all have car guns, so how do you do it?

I had seen holsters situated under the steering wheel/dashboard, leaning towards that. Also seen people squeeze it between the seat and console, but frankly I don't want a passenger to even know about it.

Recommendations?
You sir should NOT be approved for any type of concealed pistol license. NOBODY leaves, stores, has a "system" for a handgun for a car with an approved concealed pistol license.

CCW (carry concealed weapon) is the criminal charge

CPL (concealed pistol license) is the permit to carry.

Secondly, as a LEO for 25 years, it is absolutely idiotic to have some sort of contraption, device or other area within a vehicle other than on your PERSON to have a pistol.

I have had fellow police officers killed by dumbass CPL holders forgetting their guns in cars using these contraptions. People forget their "Constitutional" right in their vehicles. CONCEALED pistols mean JUST THAT! Concealed on your PERSON.

HOWEVER....if you choose to transport your gun in a vehicle...NOT ON YOUR PERSON, LOCK it in a container WITH keys, unloaded and broken down in the trunk out of the access of any person within the passenger compartment.

Too many guns getting stolen by CPL holders wanting to go to sporting events, bars, leaving it loaded in a vehicle and forgetting it. And too many criminals getting their hands on these guns.

My opinion? If you want to carry concealed, learn and adhere to what the meaning of concealed means. There are provisions for transporting a handgun which, for the most part, is not inclusive of the concealed pistol licensing.

Mind you, my opinion is based on personal experience based on actual factual shootings where a person with a CPL has used his/her pistol. One is an absolute fool to have a gun in a car, not on his person, when needed. If the damn gun bugs you that much on your body while driving, lose some weight, loosen your belt or buy a shoulder holster.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote