View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 03:54 PM   #9
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
Bring back the heads up M6 street tire class please.

I personally would just prefer multiple different heads up classes. To me autos are going to dominate bracket racing and the best sandbaggers will dominate index racing where as with the heads up classes you can actually race and show off you car or skill with other similar cars. Just my little rant, but thanks for all your hard work putting the drag racing together each year mlee.
OK, there was only one reason I did not add (the best class we ever had) M6 street tire was due to the Autos being excluded.

But the point has been made that Autos dominate Bracket and Index so M6 Street is in..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
I didn't attend last year or any year C5fest and i'd love to go sometime as i read all about it every year i've been on this site. The one thing i heard bad about last year was the Classes in drag. I know mlee does the best beyond belief to help keep everything feasible and make everyone happy but i recall the Joe Schmoe racers who put hard work into their own cars unsponsored got really upset with having full shop sponsored cars in their class. I'm not telling anyone that organizes C5 to change anything i think they do an awesome job but you may want to add in or maybe seperate fully shop sponsored cars from those who aren't.

Besides if you need a good reason why not make a shop sponsored class i'm sure those few places and teams of people would love bragging rights on C5 because in all honesty a shop car going up against people who sunk their own money and sweat and tears in Supercharged SS's case with his blown engines aren't going to be able to compete at the same level and it's not entirely fair to have them placed 4th or 5th because there were 3 or 4 cars with professional pit crews and mechanics around to adjust stuff. I have no issue myself with a pro driver in a car or a weekend warrior going head to head i've been in enough drag races to know pro driver doesn't always mean winner.
One thing you have to remember is the number of cars for each class. We had 3 cars in the V6 class and we had a shop car class with 2 cars. They are here to race as well. This year the ARH/Farks car may be the only shop car in attendance other than some Fbods and it will only be there if the NMCA schedule permits. We will make adjustments if needed but we're not going down the road of registered/not registered or owner/driver, shop car or not.

There are not that many cars that run 9's. Break it down further and you have no class left.