View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 06:15 AM   #1
Richardlord

Drives: Dodge Magnum RT Hemi AWD
POLL RANKING THE C7 EXTERIOR COLORS

From first to last, with first being the best, rank the C7 exterior colors. The Colors are (you may copy, past, & reorder):

Black
Torch Red
Artic White
Blade Silver Metallic
Cyber Gray Metallic
Night Race Blue Metallic
Laguna Blue Tintcoat
Velocity Yellow Tintcoat
Crystal Red Tintcoat
Lime Rock Green Metallic

Also, of your rankings, why did you like #1 the most and #10 the least?

I shall tabulate and post the results after a sufficient sample of responses, but you also can do your own math.

This is my ordering:

Crystal Red Tintcoat
Torch Red
Laguna Blue Tintcoat
Night Race Blue Metallic
Cyber Gray Metallic
Blade Silver Metallic
Black
Artic White
Lime Rock Green Metallic
Velocity Yellow Tintcoat

Liked Most: I’m primarily a basic red, white, black, & blue guy – Really like the Crystal Red (very classy) – Would have chosen Crystal red, but instead chose Torch Red as it goes better with the 3LT Adrenaline Red Interior, and I have ton of Black options that would detract from the classiness of the stand-alone color of Crystal Red

Liked Least: Velocity Yellow – I don’t like yellow on a car, especially not on a sports car, and most definitely not on a Corvette - In fact, I really don’t much like yellow – I only like yellow in or on 7 things: A woman’s hair, gold, the sun, flowers/birds/bees, a cop’s badge/uniform, caution lights/signs/stripes, and beer – I’m OK with a hottie in a yellow sports car, but then I am OK with a hottie under most any circumstances – To me, yellow on a sports car is effeminate, and is only hottie appropriate, but then see my previous comment – Maybe a burnt orange yellow on a C7 would look OK, and in fact, I think it would look great – I really, really want to like the Velocity Yellow, but I just can’t bring myself to do so – Yes, I know, there is Corvette Racing Team Mello Yellow, but Tweety Bird Yellow on a race car?, Paleeze! - Also not crazy about Lime Rock Green as it does nothing for me – That is why I did not order the Special Edition Vert; that and it comes as an automatic, although now I understand it also can order in a stick

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if everyone ranks Velocity Yellow #1 just to spite me as how dare I criticize a C7 color.

I am a red guy. Everything in my life is red (except finances). I could never support a team with yellow uniforms, like Michigan. Wife got her Ph.D. from THE Ohio State University in Public Policy and Management from the John Glenn School of Public Affairs and her B.S. at Rutgers (all great reds). I grew up in the Boston area and am Red Sox Fan for Life. Live in the DC Area an am a Nats, Caps, and Redskins fan (great reds and maroon). So, only reds for me. Red = Bold, Yellow= Cowardly, as in yellow-belly, yellow-streak, and Wolverines.

Last edited by Richardlord; 12-07-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Richardlord is offline   Reply With Quote