View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #16
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Some advise from an old fart, retired and working again:
Enjoy your family and especially your kids. They will grow up so fast and you do not want to regret that you did not spend more time with them. Be their friend and confidant but always be the dad they need and rely on to teach them life's lessons. Love your wife and be her best friend and she will always be your best friend as well. Bring her flowers from time to time for no reason and remember to talk through the problems that will arise. Buy the car that will join the family together. Corvettes have always been part of my family's life. I have pictures of my wife and I leaving the church as a newly married couple in our 73. Pictures of the kids sitting in several different Vettes with big smiles on their faces. Pictures of the family in several Corvettes in many different places that we visited over the years. For us, the Vette is more of a way of life than just a car. The memories my wife and kids share with me and the Corvettes that helped take us there. Buy the Vette as a memory maker and an endeared vehicle that helps bond the family together, Corvettes are much more than just a car, it becomes a way of life and makes your life better because of it.