View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 07:43 AM   #16
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Thank you very much to all who organized Fest IV for letting me run my '69 1st gen drag car at a 5th gen event. And thanks to the Indy staff for letting me be first down track on Friday on an incredibly well prepped track. That Friday morning 8.75 @ 153 was my all time personal best, and that car's best ever run. I think that may have been the quickest all motor run Friday. Then the second run in afternoon heat was an 8.86 @ 152. Only lost .1 et and 1 mph in the heat of the day.

I wanted to enjoy the rest of the Fest on Saturday, so I left it trailered for the day. And some of those shop cars were getting crazy loose, so I didn't want to risk getting tangled up with one. Mine is not really a shop car, so I had no chance in that class anyway. The shop I brought was a lunch box size tool box and a battery charger.

It was kind of a last minute scramble getting the car there. Bent a valve and busted a rocker stud/nut the prior weekend. But was able to get the motor back together on Tues and Wed of Fest week, and on the trailer Thursday morning.

Thanks also to my awesome car club, the Detroit 5th Gen Camaro Club.
I think we all had a great time at the Fest.

Last edited by Russell James; 08-06-2013 at 08:16 AM.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote