View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #14
jmaynard

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
Tuesday night at 7:30pm, my doorbell rang. A guy came to the door and he came to my house to tell me that I qualify to refinance my house at a lower interest rate.

This guy looked about age 60. He knew my name. (I was not home yet and he talked to my wife). He asked my wife if I was home. He even spoke in both English and Spanish and he hinted he might come back on Saturday. My wife looked at him with a face that said "You can't be serious". When my wife gave him this look, he began to speak Spanish thinking she didn't understand English.

When this guy came over, my wife had been in the middle of feeding our 6-month old baby.

Now I am pretty sure, that if I had been home when he rang the doorbell, I would have gotten angry. I probably would have written down his license plate while he watches me write it down.

Then I would say you're going to go to jail if you come back here again because I am going to press charges that you are stalking me and my family.

What would YOU have done if this happened to you???
This is an easy one. If you live inside the city limits chances are that they require a permit for door to door soliciting. Check your codes and ALWAYS ask to see the permit. It they do not have one, call the police and let them deal with it.

If this is NOT the case, or even if it is, do what I do and answer the door armed. Once they see that they usually leave when asked.
jmaynard is offline   Reply With Quote