View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 08:58 PM   #5
Happy Pappy
Sam & Marsha

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Ok, I get lot's of PMs on exhaust advice as do I'm sure some of you.

It's one of the hardest things to determine. What exhaust set-up to get.

Too loud, too soft, too raspy, too deep, is it throaty enough, does 3" sound better than 2.5 and on and on and on.

AND THAT's JUST FOR ONE TYPE. Different companies, mufflers for each and so on. Cammed, not cammed, all kinds of different ones.

So many exhaust possibilities and only the limited YouTube videos to go by. Helpful? Not really. A bit I guess gut the audio on a youtube vid through speaker a thousand miles away just doesn't help enough.

So many different combinations to choose from.

I have had a number of people I tried to help but was afraid to advise them throughout the purchase. Just didn't want to be responsible in any way for their remorse if they were unhappy with it. And I know guys and gals who have been in that category.

OK

I said all of that to say this.

I'm just gauging if any of you would be willing at the fest just for an hour or so to line your modded cars up so people could sample your exhausts? Where better than a place with 500+ Camaros? LOL

I'd get a list from the different members and the different set-ups and line them up and label them as such so people could get a sample of what each sounds like.

Best time to do it would be in an area of the parking (lot if there is room) in the evening because a lot of potential sample cars will be racing.

Might not be a great idea so I am just gauging if anyone would be willing and if anyone thinks it could help those who are looking. If there is enough interest I'd coordinate the different cars to line up for a sampling. Owners would have to be willing to come out for an hour or so. Don't have to run the car the whole time but be willing to start it up a number of times.

Any interest at all in an exhaust line-up???
Count me in... I would be "Happy" to set my baby up for everyones listening pleasure.....

For the record I have a complete ARH system from front to rear and it sounds great..