View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 07:30 PM   #11
LSxcellent

Drives: MINI Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Yup, the 135 and G8 are on the top of my list with the Camaro as well. I live in Southern California, so it is RWD all the way for me. Sadly the 135 will probably be far too expensive (sadly it is supposed to be the "affordable" BMW, but with the weak dollar nothing is both European and affordable.) The G8 is larger than I would like. I'm hoping Pontiac makes something one size smaller, but otherwise the same as the G8, for less money of course. If they did, it would probably come down to the Camaro and that. Man, in a few years when I'm ready to buy a new car, it will be the best time in history for us car guys. So many good choices out there.
I'm also hoping they make something smaller than the G8. The current G6 is garbage, and its FWD which isn't a lot of fun. They really need a slightly-smaller-than-3-series car that is also RWD with some good engines.

The 135 is probably going to start around $35k, which is pretty high without any options (not that there is anything 'basic' about it) but by the time its optioned out, your probably looking at $38k which is a lot of cash.

The AWD cars are a LOT of fun in the snow, you can drift around on/off ramps, and go ice-racing on frozen lakes! That may be enough reason to get one... but they are just so damn ugly!

~CB