View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 06:38 PM   #28
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
Yea that is what I meant. You bought it new and 30 years down the road it would be worth a shit ton.

Hell you are going to pay significantly more than MSRP for one if you wanted one today.
20 years ago, people thought the exact same thing about the Viper. But now the first ones are worth around half of what they were when they were new. Thats pretty good for a 20 year old car, don't get me wrong. But it hasn't gone up in value like people were expecting.

On top of that, those who buy a new car and store it, expecting it to go up in value need pay for insurance (even if it is just fire and theft) and usually storage fee's as well. Add it up over 20 years and a total investment might work out to a 50% loss, if you're lucky. A real investment over the same time should at least double, probably triple your money.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote