View Single Post
Old 04-30-2024, 05:25 PM   #1
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Help for a Newb...

Ok,

So I've finally decided to have a gaming computer built, and I've been struggling with monitor set-ups.... Full transparency, I'm looking for flight sim, and racing sim games...

So, I was thinking a big curved screen, 49 inch, 32:9 aspect ratio... That was quickly ruled out after a trip to Best Buy and about five minutes of looking at the display with a looped video proved it wont wok for me. I also cant play first person shooter games even on a flat screen as it causes motion sickness very quickly. I worked offshore for many years, rode out many storms, and cant hack the movement of first person games... Go figure... lol...

So, I thinking a triple screen set up may be the way to go.... I'm looking for suggestions on monitors or TV's that will fill the bill.... I'm not using a racing sim set up with the chair and mounts, it'll be on a desk for now.... A pretty good sized desk.... I'll be wanting to either mount the screens to the wall with a three screen wall mount, or a big footed base, rather than the screw clamp type....

So, screen requirements... G-Sync certified, at least 1440, prefer 4K, if the cost is reasonable... 27 inch minimum, and 32 probably a maximum.... though bigger if the mount is a wall mount type... I don't want the screens wrapped around me, but rather tilted in at the sides maybe 40-45 degrees.... I'm not worried about the brand so much as the G-Sync certification.

Thoughts or suggestions on screens and /or mounts are greatly appreciated... The specs are as below, so I'm guessing I can run about any set-up within reason...

Thanks in advance...
Attached Images

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote