View Single Post
Old 04-22-2024, 07:22 PM   #9
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffir3 View Post
I just got the oil report back from Blackstone Laboratories and here is what they said:

"MY NAME: If this Camaro looks as good on the outside as it does on the inside, you picked out a beauty! The engine's wear profile suggests all is well with the mechanical parts inside this engine. Universal averages show typical wear for an LS-3 after about 3,900 miles on the oil. Most wear metals are close to averages. Copper isn't, and it shows low wear at brass/bronze parts. That's great! Just note silicon is a bit high. It probably has a harmless source like sealer, but you could check for air intake leaks in case it's dirt. The viscosity is in the 5W/30 range, like it should be."

I think that I am just tweaking? what are all the metal bits in my oil filter then, is it just the filter doing its job??? everything sounds cherry in the report I really do trust them I attached a screenshot of the oil analysis form, feel free to look at it and let me know. lets hope its all good.
Id be happier than a pig in s&*$# with that report. But, I agree, the particulates you see are disturbing.