View Single Post
Old 04-19-2024, 11:19 AM   #68
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCAL.M6.ZLE View Post
How is the install / tuning coming along? Any other updates to share?
I updated my crazy THPSI-thread, but I'll truncate an answer here, too:

Yes. It was my fault, I'm fairly certain.

It seems to be working as you would expect - completely fine. I'm reading a full tank at the gauge, with a full tank. I'm able to force the aux' pump "ON" (momentarily to not over-pressurize the fuel system), so I know it's working. I'm still trying to understand how much I have to modify the tune for the altered settings I have from stock. For example - I turned [6972] MIN. FUEL PUMP DUTY CYCLE up a little around 13-60 VOLTS when I had the OEM LSFP in there (with the DSX LS), and I've been seeing fuel pressure, when cruising for a while, stay about 12-psi higher than commanded, so I'm playing with the fuel system changes I'd been running. I don't know if stock settings will work better in all circumstances, in conjunction with the new Katech aux' pump, but it seems like I need to keep at least some of the altered settings so the primary Katech pump isn't forced to pull back too much, if that makes any sense. BUT - I can say the REFLEX control for the Katech aux' pump is trickling in the pressure quite nicely, and doesn't try to spike to 90-psi right off the bat.

I would say that, for the most part, both pumps are working as I would expect them to. I'm not saying I have them tuned completely yet, but they are responding predictably with my commands, and that is a good sign.

I am completely satisfied with how this pump module works and is engineered. As Rapid' says below, it's bigger and takes more time to install, but I think the results are worth it. If this system satisfies your fueling needs, I'd recommend it. If you need more, get the FORE TRIPLE, as many others have successfully done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_blue_zl1_22 View Post
Getting the pump in the tank is the only hard part. There are a lot of hoses that have to be connected inside the tank, and with how much larger the Katech pump is, it makes things difficult.

As far as wiring and tuning goes, it is very straight forward. I bought the DSX aux pump harness, but that was before Katech released their solution. The pump automatically turns on at 5psi boost pressure, so there will only need minor adjustments made on the tune to adjust for the higher pressure/flow.
I am curious how much you needed to change the tune. As far as the information I've gathered, I'd made several adjustments, but I don't know if they were necessary because of how the DSX controller smacks the aux' pump and the OEM fuel system, or if it's just me. This is the first time I've had to try to tune the fuel system pressures, so I know I have a lot of knowledge to pick up and learn.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote