View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 04:19 PM   #9
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
I could be wrong but I thought they had a 7 day return policy. I also saw they warranty their vehicles. But yes the thought of purchasing a car site unseen is scary and I hate it. Every gt500 though that was reasonably priced has been sold within 1-3 days so that’s also why I was open to it. Last I checked turo had a specific policy about renting manual transmission vehicles.

The way the c6Z suddenly broke traction was downright scary. I feel your zl1 would give a much better warning and is much easier to correct. But idk the tires were a bit worn so maybe that had something to do with it. Congrats on cashing in on that stock. I think they will be out of business soon but then again if they are stealing cars at the prices they pay maybe they won’t.
You need more than a minute with a C6Z. A base C6 will easily brake the rear wheels loose with traction control off. A C6Z will do that in 3rd gear.

My recollection is the C6Z was very “friendly” for users that didn’t want to be overpowered by the nannies. So yes, like any other RWD car with 505 hp weighing about 3200 pounds and the TC turned off ca be a treat. But even with TC on they tuned it to let the back end break loose before reall8ng you back in.

Fun fact. After the C6Z CTF fleet had 3 totaled cars with drivers turning off TC GM required an SCCA license to get future hi performance Corvettes.