View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 01:50 PM   #11
Cbrowne

Drives: 2012 LFX Chevrolet Camaro
Update 2:

A bit of an update, I have now found after killing the car it operates with no issues at all for all of about 30 minutes. No amount of driving with a lead foot will bring up the P2138...until 30 minutes later. After the 30 minutes the issue comes back. What I have found is; in the 30 minutes my D/E voltages correlate exactly as they should. I.e:

Sensor 1 20% = Sensor 2 10%
Sensor 1 40% = Sensor 2 20%
Sensor 1 60% = Sensor 2 30% etc.

However, after the 30 minutes, it goes to:

Sensor 1 20% = Sensor 2 12%
Sensor 1 40% = Sensor 2 24%
Sensor 1 60% = Sensor 2 36%

Although, once this has set in, it stays like this until the ECM is reset. I've tried to test the connectors/looms by wriggling them vigorously to see any voltage drops/increases on the D/E graphs but they show nothing out of the ordinary. So far it seems that once the ECM is set in it cannot read the voltages right, I have proven that there is a constant 5V to each sensor with a DVM and proven a consistent feedback voltage is outputted through the APP sensor. Although, without a proper voltage % table I couldn't tell you if it is correct or not, all I know is it's consistent.

Right now I'm guessing there can be 2 causes, a voltage is being induced into one of the cables from the loom, or the ECM itself is creating some kind of interference once fully energised.

What does everyone else think? I'm going to test the circuit resistance once again to see if anything has changed, but from what I remember from doing it a while ago all was fine and bang on specification.
Cbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote