View Single Post
Old 04-06-2024, 06:11 PM   #44
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
The GR86 in stock form is kinda meh.

It's one of those cars that is a *really* blank canvas. It needs camber most of all to be true sporty car and after while, you realize it's the most anemic exhaust note ever on sporty car, so you fix that.

All that come in just shy of $1K.. so not bad way to go. Decent wheels n tires can be had for another $1K. It really does add up, but that's just shy of cost of just tires on the Camaro.

It's a REALLY tail happy car - be ready for it to go sideways when you just want mild slide.

Ts version supposedly fixed the brakes (brembos all around), but it's really just good set of pads away from fun track car.

I'm enjoying mine. No track time yet, just half dozen autox events. 5,000 miles so far.

Note on manual transmission. 1-2 may as well fax that in, it requires patience or be met with GRRRRind. I swapped out fluid for Motul 300, supposedly makes it better, haven't driven it much since change, so we'll find out tomorrow w autocross season opener. It has too much rear bar, so it pick up inside rear and makes LSD useless. Really needs sifter front bar or softer rear bar to get ass end to stay DOWN! Fairly stiff springs, almost feels like the ZL1 1LE on highway. Dash protrudes as you get in, so expect to smash you knee.. often.
Attached Images

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote