View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 09:10 PM   #16
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonZ28 View Post
I have installed Power Stop Z26 pads on the front of my 2020 Chevy Camaro 2SS with 4-piston Brembo brakes. I am having an issue with brake squeal at low speeds when coming to a stop. I have applied CRC Industries Disc Brake Quiet on the following: 1-top edge & side edge of the pads (on the metal part, not on the pad material of course); 2-back of the pad where they contact the pistons; 3-the 2 spring retention pins; and 4-the parts of the springs that contact the pins, and the pads. Am I missing some spot(s)? Am I using the wrong brake lube? I sure don't like using this brake lube anyway, it's very messy and I would be fine removing it all, cleaning everything up, and re-applying different brake lube, if that's what it takes.
I sent basically this same message to Power Stop, to see what I was doing wrong. They didn't answer my question at all. Instead, they just sent me two new boxes of Z26 front brake pads?!!? Umm, thanks? I previously broke one of the aluminum ingots off one of the pads a month or so ago, and they sent me a box of pads then too. Of course I only used one pad out of that box. So I have two full boxes of new Z26 front pads, and another box of 3 new pads. Honestly not sure what I'm going to do. It doesn't squeal real often except when I do some town driving - lots of starting & stopping. I'm taking the car on a trip to St. Pete Beach in a couple of weeks, and dont' really want the brakes squealing when driving around town.
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote