View Single Post
Old 03-06-2024, 09:53 PM   #10
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
I think it's great Dodge is introducing a coupe and giving muscle car fans something to be interested in with the I6 or six pack as it's been coined. Hopefully the Hurricane will be offered with a manual.

Maybe Dodge was contractually obligated to build this in Canada but as a Canadian it's great production for the Charger remains here. Even closer to Detroit now and I know Stellantis is building a battery plant in Windsor as well. I'm sure all part of the bigger picture and offering this with an ICE is a good idea.

I'm not sure who is going to readily open their wallet for a 5838lb EV coupe though. How much will the EV sedan weigh? I know Dodge muscle cars have been heavy but what magic needs to be baked into these to make them engaging to drive. The EV version will need to be great to lure a current V8 Charger owner to the new model and I don't think the "Fratzonic" noise maker is going to do it. Everyone should call this Fartzonic. Again it's great this will be offered with an inline 6 eventually.

The promotional video released by Dodge (see below) is cheesy and awkward. If you need to explain why you're building an EV muscle car I don't imagine it will appeal to current owners or many interested in the segment. Maybe I'm completely wrong but I'm looking forward to the specs on the Hurricane powered Charger.
https://youtu.be/uGAZkn11hcw?si=JAl8nWUOMKEeWnNd
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote