View Single Post
Old 02-24-2024, 11:42 AM   #34
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
I've got the same part type combo, but with only 1500 miles on it. I used only the turn method to set the pushrods. Quiet now, but time will tell.

I have also changed valve springs on the car using no air compressor. Just put the piston on TDC and the valve only drops slightly. One can pull it up the .25 inch as you prepare to install the locks, etc.

Good luck!
Thanks, are you running the conical springs or dual springs? From the wear I see, especially on the #4 intake, I see too much load/pressure or maybe combination of speed and pressure. I am going to pull the PAC dual springs on that lobe and any of the others with excessive wear and test them. I actually have 2 sets of PAC springs when I got my TSP, which I ran the first set of springs with the TSP cam and the second set with my Cam Motion cam. So I can replace it with one from the first TSP cam set. I just need to get everything put back together and going and need the room in my garage. I guess if I have to pull the motor again, I'll just have to pull it again.

I know it seems I always have a lot of trouble with the locks/keepers getting stuck and without a c-clamp style compressor with the heads off it becomes difficult trying to get them off without beating everything up.
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote