View Single Post
Old 02-22-2024, 10:19 AM   #8
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
The problem as I see it is that Ms. Berra may be a good administrator, however she may be lacking in real time experience and passion when it comes to automobiles. I have a good feeling that she is relying on experts in the field, but being more than two persons away from a topic will also hamper your decision making. It is this lack of experience and passion in decision making that has caused GM to make serious missteps and to, again, fall behind their serious competitors in certain market segments. Those market segments are within the passenger car product lines.

It is because of the faulted decision to aggressively pursue EV technology that has compromised GM's ability to aggressively compete against Toyota and Honda. To Berra's credit, it was a good decision to aggressively compete in the compact SUV and Cross-over segments, but not to the detriment of their current lines. At this writing, Chevrolet is at a disadvantage, and Buick is in turmoil despite one or two tasteful cross-over offerings. The Cadillac Division is still suffering because of its pricepoints, and for one reason or another not offering products that squarely compete with its competitors.

The golden product line(s) for GM, which is their wisest decision to date, are their standard size pick-up and SUV lines. These products remain as the life bread of the company. GM will need to continue to aggressively market and develop these lines, as their competitors have seem to grow in number.

For GM to persevere in the automotive segment will require a radical change in their thinking and objectives. I believe that the company still has a chance, but the trick will be if they can recognize this in time, and put in real changes in their company's thinking.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote