View Single Post
Old 02-08-2024, 06:47 PM   #10
GAOLDGUY

Drives: 2012 GMC Sierra, 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Possible Most Reliable for Reasonable HP Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
So my 2022 Camaro was running about 74 psi on the low side on E65 and 2500 or so on the high side. When did the port and got to 11 lbs Mike (Thpsi) dropped the low side to about 60 psi and the high side to about about 2200 psi. There is less stress on the DI with the port, doesn't have to work as hard as the PI is running 30 percent of the fuel and the DI is 70 percent instead of 100 percent without PI. This allows an Lt1 with the stock fuel system to run a boosted application without spending thousands on upgraded fuel systems such as converting the DI to Lt4 HPFP and Injectors. Obviously it would be better to run a low side upgrade such as Katech's. We had enough fuel where I could have run more than 11 psi off boost and could have probably made 730 on the stock fuel system, but we are dealing with an Lt1 with 11.5 compression and cast pistons. Believe me I know what high boost does to an Lt1. I think you know what I'm talking about. So, in a nutshell DI is worth every penny you spend on it for making good clean rwhp on E85 with a boosted application.
The reasons above are why I think your last build is one of the best for high reliability and reasonable HP. I somewhat feel that if I had, (1) a Maggy, (2) Port Injection, (3) Front Crank Seal + The Larger Vent Hose that Jannetty promotes, (4) Extra Booster for low pressure side, I could be content not to not have any other engine mods.
GAOLDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote