View Single Post
Old 01-26-2024, 08:09 PM   #6
clyde

Drives: broken
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post
Thanks Matt for posting this. For longer distance track commutes, I've putting all 4 tires inside the car (3 in back w/seat removed plus one in the trunk) but that doesn't leave much room for cooler, clothes, and tools. Your approach with the rack sounds promising, as it seems like it's less complicated and expensive than a wheel caddy trailer.

A few questions if you don't mind:

1) Does the draw tie hitch bolt directly onto the Camaro frame or does it need to be welded?
2) Is any modification of the Camaro required (holes drilled in frame, diffuser cuts to make room for the hitch assembly)?
3) Does it require bumper cover to be removed to install it?
I have the Draw Tite hitch on mine.

1) yes
2) no
3) yes

etrailer.com has a video showing what it takes to do the install

The hardest part for me was disconnecting the harnesses shown around the 2:00 mark in the video. It was just a matter of figuring out which part to push and what to pull to get them separated. It's easy unless it's not.

There's also a harness on the passenger side that the car in the video doesn't have (I think for NPP and parking sensors). There's enough slack you can take the bumper cover off before disconnecting it, but don't be surprised when you run into it.
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote