View Single Post
Old 01-26-2024, 06:58 PM   #5
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
I have the Draw-Tite hitch and a Curt 18110 cargo carrier. I bolted three plastic wheel chocks to the floor of the cargo carrier, and so far it's worked well for me. The raised height from that carrier's S-shaped shank is imperative to keeping it from scraping the ground.

I actually load three tires on the carrier and one in the trunk. E-Trailer advised me that I don't need a stabilizer strap with that hitch. If you're willing to put two wheels inside the car, then you could put one 5-gal fuel jug and two wheels on the cargo carrier.
Thanks Matt for posting this. For longer distance track commutes, I've putting all 4 tires inside the car (3 in back w/seat removed plus one in the trunk) but that doesn't leave much room for cooler, clothes, and tools. Your approach with the rack sounds promising, as it seems like it's less complicated and expensive than a wheel caddy trailer.

A few questions if you don't mind:

1) Does the draw tie hitch bolt directly onto the Camaro frame or does it need to be welded?
2) Is any modification of the Camaro required (holes drilled in frame, diffuser cuts to make room for the hitch assembly)?
3) Does it require bumper cover to be removed to install it?
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote