View Single Post
Old 01-25-2024, 04:30 PM   #2
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostile_1LE View Post
I'm looking for some advice. Some of you may have read my thread about money shifting my car and severely bending a pushrod and having PTV contact.

I have since sent my heads to GPI for porting and a check up, as well as purchased a GPI cam kit with their SS3 cam.

I have a few questions regarding the install and first start on the cam.

1. Is assembly lube required/recommended for the cam or any other components?

2. What is the best way to prep BRAND NEW (unopened) Johnson 2110r lifters for install and use?

3. Is there any sort of break in process I need to be aware of for the first start? Special Oil, etc. (I know that on flat tappet stuff, you have to hold it at a certain rpm for while on the first start to let the lifters wear into the cam.)

4. Is it ok to do the first start untuned for the cam, or is that a no no?

5. Is it best to run fresh oil for first start, then change it again shortly after driving it a few miles?

I just pray that I install everything correctly, and don't have any leaks anywhere. One thing I am worried about is getting the injectors back in without damaging their seals. Has this been any kind of problem for anyone else?

Thanks, guys!

Congrats on taking the plunge... Having done this myself, I understand the mixture of excitement and terror!

1. YES, use liberally on ALL metal to metal contact points.
2. Clean, and soak in oil for 24hrs. That's what I did.
3. After the first start, and shake down run, you'll want to start tuning anyway, you will ring it out during that process.
4. 100% OK. Your car will correct itself enough to run.
5. I ran fresh oil, heavier weight Mobil 1, and changed it out after 500 miles for the standard supercar oil.

Not sure if my video / thread would help... PM me any questions, or I can give you my cell for any questions along the way.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...hlight=PHASE.2

ALL the BMR Read End Goodies + BMR Motor Mounts + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Big Gulp + GMS High Flow Crash Bar
DMS Front HX + Fender Tank + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + TOYO 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 815rwtq @E55 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote