View Single Post
Old 01-25-2024, 03:03 PM   #1
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: '23 1SS 1LE
Good Track Day Lock Box That Fits In The Trunk

Hi All,

As the title suggests, I'm looking for quality lock box/container recommendations that fit through the beautifully shaped trunk opening of our amazing cars.
I'd like something that could fit most if not all of one's track day essentials and keep them secure (holes for a padlock(s) suffice) while I'm on the track.
In a perfect world it'd fit an aluminum 1.5 ton jack, various liquids and tools (including longer ones like breaker bar/torque wrench).
I'm open to the idea of multiple boxes if that's the solution some members are currently using.

On the note of liquids, I'm also open to recommendations for quality gas canisters you feel comfortable having in your trunk on the way to a track day.

Why I'm focusing on a box that fits in the trunk is because for now, I'm ruling out a dedicated tire trailer that would have the space for a dedicated lock box.
Regarding second set of wheels/tires for farther track days, I do really like the solution some members have found using a hitch mount cargo carrier/bike rack that holds 2 wheels and placing the remaining 2 wheels in the back seats.
I would love to hear opinions/experiences with this set up as well.

Appreciate the help and pictures are welcome!
Camaro Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote