View Single Post
Old 01-24-2024, 09:31 AM   #5
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Yes I'm on my way to moving on. I don't want to take my car to the dealer to be abused for any potential future repairs. Mag ride has me slightly worried.
Mostly I'm getting older and there are less opportunities to open the throttle safely with the traffic and police density where I live.
I still think the 5th and ZL1 is the pinnacle of the Camaro's. As I go further into retirement the car does also. It sits in the garage and I haven't put many miles on it since I got it years ago.
I know how people feel about EV's. I tried to open some eyes as my opinion got changed with a post on joyriding one free to FAFO for themselves. I was wrong thinking many people aren't stuck in the mud with their brains. The instant quick and stealth of the EV with ok handling and regen braking assist makes it a very fun and efficient town car! I had to switch off the extra power "Acceleration Boost" because I found myself speeding too much, damn easy to do with those fast silent motors. If you live in a place you can't plug in at night, and or go long drives over a few hundred miles in the cold they aren't for you. If you have Supercharging stations and mostly can plug in at your house they are a wise option. Look at the near 0 maintenance and batteries last as long as you'll own the car unless they fail and that is mostly under the 8yr 120k mi warranty with Tesla. Meh, call me a fanboi if you like. I'd say if you haven't test driven one you don't know what you're talking about. Yeah they look like a hottub if that's your showstopper, I'm too old to care that much. The ZL1 is amazing but I'm getting too old to continue with it where it's worth having.
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621594

Edit: I don't like to deal with maintenance and dealers. No small thing is buying a car from these shady people. The ongoing story of the guy in the military reserving a hellcat 170 demon? and getting screwed by the Dodge dealer on it is a good reminder of how torturous the buying experience is with them looking to F' you every way the can as soon as you walk in. Extended this extra that protection this... The Tesla buying and even paying is all done online then picking up the car is as easy as when you get your car after a service appointment from the dealer. You don't get F'd or hassled on anything and right out the door.

Last edited by silversleeper; 01-24-2024 at 11:25 AM.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote