View Single Post
Old 01-13-2024, 11:17 PM   #31
Ray3768

Drives: 1977 Trans Am, 2024 Camaro 2SS
arpad_m,

You got me all wrong. Us South Jersey/South Philly guys are relentlessly self deprecating and well versed in ball busting. Many of us, anyway. :-) I am actively dropping weight..down to 218 lbs, was 225 lbs a month before. I'm getting it done. Bad blood work results will do that for you unless you're suicidal. Currently eating a diet I never even thought possible. Getting there...slowly. Anyway, I did manage to pick up the car today. Initial thoughts are this, coming from a nice 5th gen:

The bad:

Seats are uncomfortable. Either my fat ass breaks it in or my fat ass gets broken in.

Damn, this thing is small! (again, coming over from a 5th gen,)

Gray is not my favorite interior color. Gonna be a bitch to keep clean.

Panel fitment it typical GM. Not terrible, not great. I'm not real happy that the hood to fender gap is visibly larger on the driver's side vs the passenger's side.

Interior materials are not real inspiring. Overall, I feel that the 2012 SS is built better.

The good:

Clutch and transmission are so much better. Easier to drive. I can't wait to delve into the specific component specs to see what's different..but the difference is immense.

The suspension is...what's the weird word they use...taught. Firm enough to be good, but not abusive. Yeah, that sums it up. This thing is gonna corner well. Can't wait to break it in. I loves me some turns.

Exhaust system. BLOWN AWAY! The best of all worlds. Just damn! I tried active rev match...and just DAMN! Those who know, know. Glad I stuck to my guns on this option. If only I had that in the 2012 car, yeah it wasn't a thing yet.

That's all I got for now. I'll post some more crazy thoughts and better pics going forward. Here's the pic I've been dying to post:

-Ray
Attached Images

Ray3768 is offline   Reply With Quote