View Single Post
Old 01-12-2024, 03:19 PM   #11
jd2021

Drives: 2023 Camaro SS1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
No, porting will allow it to make more boost without changing pullies. X port increases boost 3psi, Standard port you will see 1-1.5psi gain. I have seen X port stock pulley ZL1's make 13.5psi and put down 700+ whp on E50-60 with big gulp, headers, and fuel system. They never pull timing from heat.

Either way 600-650whp is a walk in the park for a LT4 supercharger. I don't see a reason to go with anything else at that power level.

If you have a SS, I would put a larger pulley(2.7) on standard port LT4 sc, upgrade fuel system, and run Ethanol...E50-60 or more if the fuel system can keep up. If you do port injection, full pump E won't be a problem. If you do LT4 fueling, you will be blending to E50.
I do plan to upgrade to at least LT4 high side and injectors for fueling(already got ZL1 in take because I have an ss1le), along with block upgrades as well. Also did plan to run about 50% E, going to get the flex fuel sensor(amongst other things) in the next couple of months after I get some wheels and other cosmetic stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katech_Mike View Post
Also, I do not recommend tracking an stock bottom end LT1 at that power level.

If you want it to live I would HIGHLY recommend you upgrade the fuel system so that you can run E85.
I definitely plan to build out the engine before I add any type of boost, but thanks for looking out.
jd2021 is online now   Reply With Quote