View Single Post
Old 01-04-2024, 02:31 AM   #8
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
That cam seems like more of a profile suited for drag racing. 10 seconds at max power then coasting for a cool down. Not sure what tracks you'll be running but when I'm on track I spend a LOT of time in the 3-5000 RPM range in both 3rd and 4th gear and my Z06 and Z/28 have similar RPMs/MPH in those gears. You'll need to be fairly skilled to keep downshifting to keep the engine in that rather high power band. Oil temps will probably need to be addressed. I'm keeping in mind your quest for reliability. With all of those aftermarket variables in place that may prove to be difficult. A few years back I talked to a gent with a gutted and caged Z/28. Engine was stock. He told me the reason he could compete with the Vettes, BMWs and Porches was because of the brakes as he could carry so much more speed into the turns and brake much later then use the big 427 to pull away on the straights. The Z with the LS7 was designed and engineered fairly well. Just watch that Nurburgring video and ask yourself if major improvements are really necessary.