View Single Post
Old 01-03-2024, 06:24 AM   #19
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
The AT4X is a little hard to figure out for me. The RR basically comes loaded and no real options are available, all the features I'd want are included anyway. The Colorado ZR2 can be optioned a little better, eliminating a few things you may not want or need and selecting the ones you want. I guess the AT4X is like the RR in that respect, but seems strange for GM to have these two tiers that can ultimately be set up the same. Confusing.
Well, GM has been hammered on for years given all the badge engineering across brands. They are trying to differentiate the models that are still mechanically the same trucks. GMC is moving upscale in packaging, features, and of course price. Personally, I like having two options if i'm set on buying a GM midsize truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
My opinion, but I think the ZR2 is the best bang for the buck, for someone looking for the best off-roading capability for the dollar. Past that, I think the Raptor might be the best overall truck of them all in terms of performance potential. Not sure where the Taco TRD Pro will stand against the RR. ZR2 will suffer a little since it's down on power compared to the others, but not sure if that matters much unless you are desert running these bad boys.

There's also the ZR2 Bison to consider, which is just a little more expensive than the RR. I'm assuming the TRD Pro will be priced right around that 60K mark also.
I agree the ZR2 seems to be the budget/value pick believe it or not. Get the core of what makes these trucks great off roaders and perhaps option up at purchase a pkg or two or buy accessories later as money permits. If you want it all at point of sale, there's a ZR2 Bison or an AT4X AEV edition.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote