View Single Post
Old 12-06-2023, 01:35 PM   #8
whitelt1

Drives: '23 LT1 Convertible (Auto)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatMobileLT1 View Post
Yes - just upgrading the rear wheels gives good benefits (and great bang for the buck!).
See my post at: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...8#post11343108
for some info on going with staggered vs square setup.
Yeah - the run flats are terrible, the only good thing about them IMO is since they are so heavy when you replace them with wider wheels & better/wider tires you can still reduce unsprung weight!
And yes to both, I got an inflation kit in case I get a flat now. (but if going on a long enough trip and have enough room I will throw in one of my old 8.5" rear stock wheel with run-flat as spare tire).

Yeah I'm definitely going to consider rear SS wheels and keeping the stock LT1 wheels (haven't done enough research, but I'm assuming the front wheels on the SS and LT1 are identical). Great post by the way and it makes a lot of sense to me why staggered is better.

Now excuse my stupidity here, but I'm a bit confused as I heard that the speedometer can be off? I'm not sure what it is I'm hearing, but I think I either heard that it was just people putting bigger tires on smaller stock wheels and/or that changing the wheels can also cause speedometer accuracy issues due to the car's electronics being set up for only stock conditions. Do you know anything about this?
whitelt1 is offline   Reply With Quote