View Single Post
Old 11-29-2023, 08:35 AM   #2
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Nope,

Absolutely not. Onstar can cut the power to your vehicle, and there is a level of human interaction involved, no need for a kill switch.

And what you don't know about the kill switch idea can be seen at this link:

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=620938

And don't let some of the posts from the community detour you as to just how dangerous this idea is and can be.

It is not limited to just a kill switch, they will have the right to use listening devices from your cell phones, which is an invasion of privacy.

The determination of such kill switches are to be AI controlled, NOT on a case by case human touch.

If you had to swerve to avoid a squirrel crossing the road (Or in my case I had to hard swerve at 65 mph to avoid hitting a construction barrel that a construction truck threw across 3 lanes on the high way, and then swerve back to avoid a second construction barrel) The AI can trigger a drunk driving incident turn off your car at high speed, which can result in a crash, or even death.

As others have said in the above thread, I will disable that crap first chance I get. And because this so called bill passed already, all 2026+ vehicles will come equipped with such kill switches.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | LS MSD Plug Wire Set | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Retuned by: Justin L. | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote