View Single Post
Old 10-16-2023, 09:45 PM   #159
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
For the first time in 4 years my wife and I spend the summer back in Michigan, and since we returned to Beijing there have been no car meets or special events, I've been riding my bike to work mostly and my job has taken up most of my time and energy, so I haven't any cool car stuff lately.

This last weekend I participated in Beijing's International Regatta, so I went up to a mountain lake about 50 miles away to race sailboats. As most things are in Beijing, it took me an hour and half to get there- its about the same driving time as it is to go downtown...

The leaves are changing and the air was clear. My wife didn't want to sit on a dock for half a day while I was on the sailboats so I drove alone.

My Canadian friend ran the boat, and the team was made up of another friend and his girlfriend, we all connected years ago because of our love of cars. My Canadian friend back in the day had a Mustang II Cobra and a 3rd gen Pontiac Firebird, and the other guy on the team works for Artic Trucks Beijing Branch. Additionally we often go karting together, so as a team we work well. Last time out we got 3rd place but because of some bad luck with the boat we were 4th this time.

Traffic was sparse and the drive was beautiful, especially when I got up in the mountains and around the lake, unfortunately I didn't take any photos of the scenery though. I loved just cruising, listening to my music and being lost in my thoughts. I don't get many chances to drive solo for so long and I really enjoyed the time.

Also, even with all the stuff I tacked on the car and modifications, the gas milage was pretty good. I was getting about 33mpg on the highway and averaged about 29mpg over the weekend which is pretty good for how I drive.
Attached Images

rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote