View Single Post
Old 10-14-2023, 07:02 PM   #33
GM-ACE
Old school tech

Drives: Ruby 1LE - 2024 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
Hello Friends! I'm back after selling my 2016 2SS black metallic about 18 months ago.

(For some back info, my engine blew at 56,000 miles and was rebuilt by Chevrolet warranty.) Here's that thread:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=560229

I drove it another 15,000 miles and sold it during the height of the used car prices because my wife developed motion sickness while riding with a manual transmission.

I have owned 4 Camaros, and I'm a Camaro guy. I was planning on buying a C7 but I have seen the nitro yellow color on the Blazer, and it is spectacular, so now I'm thinking maybe I get a 2024 Camaro. I like the idea of getting the last model. I have not driven a C7 yet. I have driven my son's C6 and I really liked the better visibility, being lower to the ground and the lighter feeling.

Can I get some opinions? Are the nitro yellows going to be available or will they be so popular that they're not available? Would I need to order it?

Have any problems been addressed in the newer models like the "hot start" problem, etc.? I haven't been around this forum in a while so if someone can post any important links to threads, I would appreciate it.
Bottom line is: if you're a Corvette fan or scratching one off the bucket list - OK, but I wouldn't recommend the C7 vs the Camaro. I was amazed to find the Camaro platform had surpassed the flagship of Chevrolet. IMO GM put out the C7 with plans to give the good stuff to the C8s. There were lots of off-the-shelf options they could've offered on the C7 but didn't. Performance wise, the Camaro beats the Vette for thousands less and offers more features.
The LT1 is more fun with the 6M of Camaro vs the 7M of the Vette, the torque tube driveshaft adds some slack and vibration to the drivetrain, and I NEVER liked the 7M shifter - too sloppy.
Of the three 6th gens I've owned, never had an issue with any of them, bought the 2015 Stingray used with 13k miles on it and the cooling fan stopped working 2 months in, the fan is very noisy on the Vette vs the Camaro as are the fuel injectors, sounded like I had lifters going bad just idling.
But one thing I will give the Corvette is the DIC - HUD displays, more choices and useful info.
Ordered: 6/15/23 Accepted: 7/5/23
3000 - 7/5 ---> 3100 - 7/19
3300 - 7/20 --> 3400 - 7/20 -->TPW - 8/7
4300 - 8/14 --->4B00 - 9/5
DELIVERED 9/20!!
GM-ACE is offline   Reply With Quote